Monday, January 26, 2015

{Book Review} On a Beam of Light: The Story of Albert Einstein


I believe it is every parent's dream that our little ones will grow into "somebody" someday; may not be somebody famous or rich or popular, but just somebody good, loving, caring, strong, wise, innovative, successful.. you know, just somebody, whatever that means to you.

I hope my duo will learn to be good leaders, with creative minds and self initiative to make things happen and a loving heart that care for others. However, I know I can't force them into that somebody, instead I can only coach and inspire them and hoping one day they will find their paths. 

So I have been searching for books about great leaders and inventors that I thought would have a good influence on them, and this is the first of the series I've found. 

On a Beam of Light: The Story of Albert Einstein
  

Written by Jennifer Berne and illustrated by Vladimir Radunsky, this is a beautifully illustrated picture biography ideal to introduce who Albert Einstein is to the early readers. However, for older kids who do want to know more about Einstein, they may find this too brief.


It's written in a manner to trigger curiousity.

The power of knowledge and to pursue it.


This picture book explains in a manner that the little minds can understand, that how an ordinary boy with curious fanscination about the world around him eventually grew into a great scientist that leaves a mark in the mankind history.

My little guy was fascinated by this book and had been reading it over and over again. I can see that seed of curiosity is growing in him as he has been popping more questions about how things work, how things are created, more than ever. 


"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiousity has its own reason for existing

- Albert Einstein


You can find this book on amazon.com, goodreads.com or most local bookstores. I got our soft cover book from the scholastics which is much cheaper than getting a hard cover. :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment