Friday, August 31, 2012

Sewing Project B: Simple Pants for My Little Boy


Finally, I have completed the first pants for my little boy! I certainly hope he will like this. As I was making the pants he had asked me twice if he can wear his new pants already :)

Here's the outcome, looking neat?


It's a simple cutting, really. However being a newbie I made too many mistakes so there were many redos. I guess the one thing I did well is that all lines are straight and are properly aligned. *phew*

This is the pants I used as reference, I extended the length to be slightly below his knees.


I used elastic band with adjustable button holes for the waist band, so as Ethan grows I just have to re-buckle accordingly. Love this design, in fact I would think that all kids wear should adopt this concept as little fellas really grow too fast..



Now that I have learnt how to make this pants, I shall make a few more with different design variations. I just can't wait!

Ethan loving his new pants.. In fact, he was so proud of it that he requested if he can wear it to sleep for the night. *happy*



Interested to try this out yourself? Just visit this site for the step by step guide.

http://www.made-by-rae.com/2010/10/free-raes-basic-newborn-pant-sewing-pattern/

Or this

http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/baby-pants-baby-pattern.html

Happy sewing :)



Copyrights © Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones, 2012 - present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any materials/photos within this website without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment