Monday, April 21, 2014

{Book Review} Joosh's Juice Bar: The Blue Banana Berry Adventure


Do you allow your little ones to access iPad for occasional game time or youtube time? Well, I do. While I do not encourage my duo to be on iPad all the time, daily playing of 30 minutes or so is acceptable to me. However, I will always keep an eye to ensure they are only watching the permitted youtube clips or children games that I screened and downloaded. There are some AppStore apps that I think are pretty handy in encouraging creativity and problem solvings (no, I'm not referring to angry bird or Plant vs Zombie :), when I have the chance I shall list the top 10 Child Friendly AppStore apps. 

If. I. Have. The. Time.

Anyway, that is a different story altogether. 

Today I would like to share with you an interested e-book that you can offer to the little ones with an IOS device or a computer. as long as you have an internet connection.


Joosh's Juice Bar: The Blue Banana Berry Adventure 
by Josh Gottsegen


It's about a juice bar (obviously) runs by this guy name Joosh (obviously!), whom assigned his little ones, Mo and Coco to fetch some fresh strawberry when they ran out of the berries. So the little ones went hunting for fresh berries with their friends, Randy the monkey and Kwamee the lizard, the gang got themselves and all the rest of the customers into trouble when they decided to plug the forbidden blue berries to make some blue smoothies...

Let me be honest. This is the first time that I read an ebook on my iPad (yes, yes, I'm an old-fashioned book worm...), and I must admit I like the lovely colour of the beautiful pages. My little captain saw me reading on our Mac as I was getting ready to write a review, and he got attracted to the colourful graphic that he decided to join me and snuggled next to me. Next thing I knew, he was happily reading away and eventually asked me if I can print the book for him to read. :)

So what do I like about this e-book?

#1 The beautiful artwork and cute characters that can attract my little ones and kept them interested to read on more. Perhaps this is one good thing about e-book as the presentation is often far more vivid than of printed material, thanks to the latest display technology. Besides, it has many words that rhymes that makes it fun to read, such as,

"I'm faster than you and I don't wear shoes!
We're lost and I'm grumpy, 
and now I'm hungry!"

"What are these berries?
They look so yummy?
I wonder how many,
I can fit in my tummy?"

My little boy actually enjoyed reading aloud with this book, instead of asking me to read to him.


#2 It is a book with heart, where it sends the message on importance of eating right (and avoid the snacks). The blue banana berries are just like the yummy candies that often appear so tempting to the little ones, smells nice, tastes sweet but are mostly really just sugar-coated snacks, just like these blue banana berry which makes you glow in blue from head to toe. 

#3 It offers a good alternative from games and video.


Here are some screenshots for your preview.



For $0.99 a copy and you can access the e-Book anytime anywhere from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac, I would say it's a worthy choice.

Interested? Hop over to the iTunes now for a preview and once purchased, you will received an URL which will allows you to access the e-book anytime.. If you are living in US, you can also get the book from Kreation Juice Bars, which is a local Los Angeles chain of juice bars.

*Updated*
If you would like a printed copy, grab your copy at Amazon.com and don't forget to check out the reviews too!

Hope your little ones find joys in reading too. Cheers! 


Copyrights © Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones, 2012 - present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any materials/photos within this website without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment