Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Lemon Sugar Scrub (best DIY Gift!)



Buying Christmas gift for my big guy is never an easy task for me, he seems to have everything he needs (and a lot more that he really doesn't!). After scratching my head looking around in the malls for what to buy, finally I decided to make one for him. The Lemon Sugar Scrub for Hands & Feet!

Since I have a tub of Virginia coconut oil that had been sitting idle in my kitchen for over a year, it came handy. VCO is said to be good for skin and hair (even suitable for sensitive skin), and many other benefits which you can google it on the net, however I really dislike the taste and the oily nature, so using it for scrub? Perfect.

Making is simple, you just need 3 ingredients:

• 1 cup of coarse sugar
• 1 table spoon of virgin coconut oil (or almond oil)
• Few drops of lemon essential oil (or in my case I used lemon juice + zest)

Just mix all ingredients together until well mix. If it's too wet, add a bit more sugar.

Find a nice glass jar, add a label and ta-da, you have a jar of beautifully scented sugar scrub. Used it for yourself or as a gift for your loved ones. I tried it on my hands and feet, love the smoothness after scrub! However I would not recommend to use this for the body as it may be a bit too rough.

I got the ideal from the Ideal Room, she has a lot more recipes so do check out her website for more ideas..



Happy holiday! ;)


Copyrights © Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones, 2012 - present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any materials/photos within this website without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content

No comments:

Post a Comment