Friday, October 24, 2014

{Handmade} Adjustable Aprons for All Occasions


A buddy of mine who went to the college together had recently took a big leap in her career.. She left her job as a senior project manager with a prominent IT film to open her own baking school! Gosh, wish I have her courage.

I am so excited for her and proud with her bold decision too. So when she approached me to custom design some aprons for her baking school, I said Yes without second thought. What's more meaningful than being able to support a friend in pursuing her dream? 

So after numerous research, exchanging of ideas and late hour sewing, I have finally completed the prototypes. She took care of the fabric, I took care of the design. :)

As much as I would like to help in making all the required aprons, making 42 aprons for a full time career mom without helper at home within a month, is a HUGE challenge. So I only managed to make the prototypes to be passed on to the tailor for mass making. 


Adjustable Adult Apron in pastel brown, for the instructors and students. When I have the extra time, I would very much like to make another one for myself too. :)



The adjustable neck design allows it to fit any height. 


A different way to tie the knots.
 
The Happy Kid Apron in the bright owls and matching yellow pockets for holdings utensils.


Love those little owls.


This is actually a replica of the Junior Chef Apron I made for my little E for last Christmas. He is still happily wearing it till today albeit a bit short for him now.

A year ago..



A year later. He had grown so much.



Hope these handmade aprons mark a good beginning for her new venture. Now, may the force be with you, my friend..




Copyrights © Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones, 2012 - present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any materials/photos within this website without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment