Saturday, July 27, 2013

10 minutes Envelope Cushion Cover (from table cloth)

I walked passed a kitchenette store warehouse sale and was attracted to the range of table clothes and tea towel mat on sale. I have no need for neither of them but with the beautiful prints and super attractive price (which is impossible to find in any fabric store I frequently patronage!),I bought a dozen of them for home improvement project instead. I didn't had anything specific in mind but I knew I could figure it out later... (Sound like an impressive purchase I know, but the prints are lovely and I'll show you that! :)

So this is the first of the home improvement series... New cushion cover for our living hall. Pinkish chrysanthemums over the grey background.
 
I made 2 of these from the large piece of table cloth, still have enough left over for 2 more covers. 

Our existing cushion cover still in good shape, but now we have the choice of a bold wine red or a chic floral grey. Good to have choices in life. :)

I choose middle-opening envelope design so there is no need for buttons nor zip, more comfortable for my little ones who nap on the cushion sometimes. The making is so easy that i have no excuse to give my living hall a new look! :)

Here's the simple steps. 


1. Using the existing cushion cover as my pattern, laid it over the new fabric (wrong side facing up).
2. Then i gave about extra 3" on the side for the envelope design (original cover is with zip) and cut 2 straight lines.
3. Place pattern in middle of my fabric (right side facing up now), fold both side inward to form an envelope; adjust so I have the opening in the middle (take note- not on the side).
5. Pin the fabric in place and start sewing - just 2 straight lines, then hem, and It's done!
6. Test it onto my cushion right away :)

Simple, low cost yet elegant looking home improvement project that feels good. 




Copyrights © Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones, 2012 - present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any materials/photos within this website without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. 




No comments:

Post a Comment