Saturday, November 16, 2013

Me & Mini Me: The Origami Dress!

It's been a while since I last made the mommy & daughter dresses for both of us, there is just too many things that kept me busy ever since my sabbatical leave started. Anyway, inspiration strike on one sleepless night, so I dug out the long forgotten fabric and started sewing right away.

One dress a night, and here are the outcomes - the Origami dresses, tailored made for both of us. :)


I really like this print, it's simple black and white in perfect harmony. I bough this fabric not long after I picked up sewing as a hobby, which was about a year ago, I'm just glad I finally made something decent out of it.

Both dresses use elastic bands on the waist line for easy fit on, no zip required. I added the simple ruffle effect for my little girl's dress although the dress looked good as-is, I just wanted a band of black to be consistent with my dress, where I used an existing black fabric belt for better visual effect:

So, simple black & white can looks sweet on little one too.

Dance, baby, dance.. I can watch her dance while day.

My first self-designed dinner dress, not perfect but I like it. :)

Posing minutes after the dress was completed, I was too excited so please pardon me.. 


This is the 5th of the Me & Mini Me series, and my personal favorite by far... You can check out previous series here.


Thanks for stopping by my humble blog, feel free to drop me a message and I certainly welcome any constructive feedback!




Copyrights © Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones, 2012 - present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any materials/photos within this website without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content


1 comment: