Thursday, May 1, 2014

{Handmade}The Little Edelweiss Dress

So I sew again. Despite I had been working crazy hours in the recent weeks, I felt rather unrest that I had not sew for more than 2 weeks. On the wee Sunday morning when I woke up ahead of everyone else, I decided to make a new dress for my sweetie pie, something that i had been thinking about for sometimes - The Little Edelweiss Dress


I'm sure many of us grew up watching The Sound of Music, the all time favorite musical film. The wonderful music (remember Do-Re-Mi, Edelweiss, So long Farewell, The Sound of Music?), the amazing Alpine landscape of Salzburg (one of my dream destinations!) and the cute clothing the Von Trapp juniors wore. They inspired me to make this copycat version, I completed this dress without drafting a pattern. I know, I'm either bold or a fool... or both ;)


I was humming the song as I was working on the dress, a rather therapeutic moment.


Edelweiss Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white
Clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever


The lovely shoulder ruffles in soft pink to match the tiny polkadot on the fabric. I had two candy buttons which is a perfect match to the dress.



The back of the dress.


I love how it looks on her. As if she has a pair of wings and ready to leap off to dance anytime.


Next, I am going to make her another Edelweiss dress, but this time, using another cute fabric that had been waiting patiently to be discovered among my stash of dusty fabric.

Sewing makes me happy. 


*Updated*
Just in case you wonder, here is the original version as seen on the movie.



Copyrights © Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones, 2012 - present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any materials/photos within this website without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment