Saturday, May 3, 2014

Me & Mini Me: Pretty in Polk-a-dot!


Somehow I was quite fond of peplum top lately, I know the peplum fever season was long gone (like a year ago?). Anyway I am not exactly a fashionholic and was never a runway chic, I just like design that fits me and look comfortably trendy, so it doesn't bother me to wear something that is out of season, and I was determined to make myself at least one peplum top.

Since I still have about 1 yard plus of Katty Miller's Gray Mini Dots fabric left after making the little Edelweiss dress for my sweetie pie, I though to just make a matching piece for myself to make this another Me & Mini Me collection. 

How do we look? My mini-me was doing a dance while we were singing Do-Re-Mi..


Here I was, test wearing the top moments after it was completed.


Making in progress. It is not as hard as I thought but to make a perfect fit, it sure takes a lot more practices and I have to admit I still have more to learn, especially when it comes to making adult apparels. :-/ 

This is my first attempt with peplum (and invisible zipper too!), I'm pretty pleased with the overall look of the top albeit it is a result of several alterations to better fit. However I shall try to improve my skill with the invisible zipper. Besides, I would think this design may look better on a satin fabric.

Anyway, I'm really happy with this latest addition to my Me & Mini Me series, even my girl was delighted to see me dressing in same fabric. So now we are going to celebrate by sharing a tub of ice cream!



Copyrights © Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones, 2012 - present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any materials/photos within this website without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment