Saturday, January 26, 2013

Mommy-and-Mini-Me set: Spring Blossom Tops 锦绣花开新年衣裳



*this is my first bilingual post.

As Chinese New Year is approaching, I had planned to make some CNY dresses for baby C and myself, save me from shopping frenzy at the overly crowded malls and besides, I have lots of fabrics that I wanted to explore. :)

I was thinking to make cheongsam at first, but after some researching I dropped that idea, I couldn't decide on a design that is suitable for a sewing newbie like me and besides, grandma had bought baby C a few cheongsam so no point making extra. Must why hold that thought till next year :)

So, I made these instead. Spring blossom blouse for both mommy and my Mini-Me.


Baby C's top has a butterfly sleeve top with an opening in the front. I added a tiny ribbon to compliment the feminine look.


The back of the blouse.



Mommy has a top with elastic waist band, as the fabric is rather flowery I thought I should keep to a simple design.



A close up on the fabric.I just love the spring blossom print on this fabric... Such a sweet color combination. Set me into the right mood for this festive season



I refer to this site on tutorial to make the ruffled butterfly sleeves. I didn't use the pattern thou, just used an existing top as reference.


So look forward to wear this blouse with my Mini-Me. Hmm.. Perhaps I shall make her a matching hair clip to complete the look. Until then, ciao!


新年的步伐越来越近了,是时候筹备新年装饰和置新衣。我原本打算为妹妹和自己各做一套旗袍来应节,但一来因为我这菜鸟的功夫实在有限,二来妹妹的嬷嬷已为她买了两套小孩旗袍,所以最后我还是决定另作一款母女装设计来的好。

这一套PH妈妈和迷你我诞生啦,还不错吧? (自夸,嘿嘿)

妹妹的上衣有对小蝴蝶衣袖,再加个小小蝴蝶结,希望让她看起来像只可爱小蝴蝶在人群中飞舞。 时间允许的话我会做一个发夹来配搭,那将会是景上添花吧?

妈妈的上衣就简单得多,反正这布身已经那么多姿彩,不需太多的装饰。

我很喜欢这匹布的颜色和设计,配搭的真美,我为它起名 "锦绣花开布",正好衬托这个春节的喜洋洋气氛。

有兴趣尝试自己当裁缝的,可以参考这个网页,有详细的图片教程。

这是我第一次写中英对照的部落客,可能因为这和农历新年有关,总觉得用中文来写这篇文章比较贴切。

预祝各位新年快乐,快快大扫除办年货去吧!


Copyrights © Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones, 2012 - present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any materials/photos within this website without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment