Saturday, March 1, 2014

It's Peter Pan in the House!


Well, it's actually just a Peter Pan hat with a little red felt feather coz I wasn't really in the mood to make a full costume.

Little Captain saw my stash of felt and asked for a green hat, so without much ado I just made him a Peter Pan hat. It only took me 10 minutes and about 1/4 yard of felt. I didn't even had a pattern, just draw on the felt with my fabric marker and cut right away.

Here's the hat..


Made from 4 simple pieces of felt.

Little Captain happily put on his new hat and watches his favorite little Einsteins show.


Wish I have a real feather, but I guess this shall do. Now he can wear it for his Friday Show 'n Tell at the preschool. Yippie!


Interested to make one?check out Ashley at Love it Make It where she shares the steps to make the full set of Peter Pan costume... 

Happy Sunday! 



Copyrights © Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones, 2012 - present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any materials/photos within this website without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pui Hua and Fun With Little Ones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that is a cute DIY costume. Very easy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's really that simple. I wanted to make a red one for my girl but she dislike hat... Too bad :)

      Delete
  2. What kind of felt did you use? If I use wool would it be too soft?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marty, just normal synthetic felt generally used for Art and craft. The wool felt will be too hot fortropical weather and it is not commonly available in Malaysia so can't comment on the softness. Alternatively you may use fleece too.

      Delete